Business Development Manager (m/f/d) Battery Business
In this role, you will developing the battery business of Oerlikon – as part of our growth strategy. It includes gaining market understanding, establishing business relations, development of Oerlikon position in the value chain, business potential and BP. You are supporting the strategic decision making process of our Division Oerlikon Surface Solutions (OSS), guiding internal activities (e.g. R&D) and you will closely work together with the Division CEO and Division and Group functions. This role is based in Pfäffikon, Switzerland (optional Munich / Garching, Germany) and you will report directly into the Head of OSS Strategy.
- Overviewing of Battery market in general (various technologies and future development)
- Detailed analyzing of the LiB-market and market perspectives (by application, with particular focus on EV-market)
- Providing scenarios for the positioning of Oerlikon within the LiB value chain
- Developing scenarios to develop Oerlikon to the proposed position(s) in the value chain, including M&A targets, resources, investments, timeline, ROI
- Understanding Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) – battery related opportunities, focus on material recycling
- Supporting of strategy and business planning projects
- Aligning of activities across our Division Oerlikon Surface Solutions
- Following-up on market and technology trends, business and investment opportunities
- Technical university degree (e.g. Chemistry, Physics, Material Science) ideally combined with some Business Administration Education (MBA or equivalent)
- At least 5 years of experience in business development and market research
- Thorough understanding of battery market – knowing the industry as well as good technical know-how
- Proven track record of having successfully managed relevant projects / businesses in battery industry; ideally worked in a leading position in battery industry
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with the ability to synthetize and focus on the essential
- Hands-on, positive, pragmatic, detail-oriented, flexible and results-driven, with a high level of energy as well as the ability to meet multiple and tight timelines under pressure
- Very good communicator and able to create good relationships with different stakeholders (customers, management, R&D, Board) easily
- Experience in international and cross-cultural business environment; familiarity with the European and Asian markets would be an asset
- Excellent knowledge of English, both orally and written; other language skills would be an asset
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Challenging position in which you can expose your ability to be a winner and with potential for a continued career development
- Shaping a new business area for Oerlikon
- Close collaboration with the Business Leaders
- Huge diversity of people and culture on the inside as well as on the outside (global spread of business through different industries like Automotive, Aerospace and Power)
This role is based in Pfäffikon, Switzerland, but Munich / Garching, Germany might be an option as well.
Can you identify with this position and are you looking for a new challenge? Then we are eager to meet you! Please apply online.
Martin Huber, Talent Acquisition Manager / EMEA
Phone: +49 6142 6033 103
Oerlikon is a global technology group with a clear mission: to become the leading provider of surface solutions, advanced materials and materials processing.
Oerlikon (SIX: OERL) engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans.
Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions.
A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Divisions – Surface Solutions and Polymer Processing Solutions – and has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon. See:
#SustainableOerlikon #Sustainability #sustainabilityreporting