Position Title: Business Develepment Manager
Location: Saltillo, Coahuila.
The Business Development Manager, Saltillo will focus primarily on developing new business and applications where coatings for automotive are beneficial for the customers cost saving efforts. He/ she will be required to manage existing accounts for the North America automotive industry. This position is also responsible for generating sales leads as well as marketing and selling PVD coating services to OEMs, end-users, and manufacturers. The Business Development Manager, Saltillo will be required to provide a technically consultative selling approach, requiring him/her to provide top to bottom solutions and consult with Customers and their agents, as well as internal Engineers and Product Managers, to resolve any technical and commercial questions regarding automotive components for treatment. He/ she will be interacting in the Oerlikon Balzers global automotive team.
- Evaluation of domestic (MEX) and the Americas market and customer needs
- Develop a sales funnel that supports the Saltillo 5YBP
- Representing the technical and commercial interface to the customers (communication lead)
- Assure a technically qualified consultation/communication to the customers
- Manage exiting accounts in the area for all market segment and customer activities
- Develop new business by working with production staff and Product Managers as needed
- Identify business potentials in the market and manage new growth projects by himself and orchestrate support functions
- Document test results in detail and interact with segment experts nationwide and globally to solve upcoming challenges
- Grow current automotive accounts, manage growth projects
- Perform prospecting in the area for future business
- Must be involved in special projects as needed
- Maintain relevant customer/account information using Balzers CRM database
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business; equivalent experience may substitute
- 5 years of experience selling in a manufacturing or industrial industry (automotive experience preferred) – B2B
- 3+ years of experience with service or technically consultative sales approach required
- Broad technical understanding of automotive applications
- Previous experience selling PVD coating and surface treatments preferred
- Proficiency working with MS Office (i.e., Excel, Work, and PowerPoint) is required
- Effective verbal /writing skills and strong presentation skills
- Must be energetic, goals-driven, result-oriented, and high-energy to be effective in this role
- Self-motivated and living “business acquisition” and “hunting attitude”
- Must be willing to travel overnight 15-30%
- IATF16949 knowledge beneficial
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 11 100 employees at 182 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.6 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments).
Oerlikon Friction Systems enhances surfaces that bring benefits to customers through a uniquely broad range of surface technologies, equipment, materials and services. With a dynamically growing network of locations worldwide Oerlikon Friction Systems serves industries such as automotive, industrial and other specialized markets. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Friction Systems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Friction Systems to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Friction Systems is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.