Title: Assistant Center Manager
Location: Rock Hill, SC
The Assistant Center Manager is responsible for supporting the Center Manager in areas such as managing the day-to-day activities, customer service, resource management, including van routes, on-call labor, etc. The Assistant Manager provides as backup for the center Manager in his/her absence.
- Operations – understand, operate, and act in a hands-on capacity to process products through production system using standard processes
- Customer Relations - support sales and Center Manager by positive interaction with customers. Act as a driving force to achieve customer satisfaction by working with and understanding customer needs. Expedite, solve customer complaints, and perform other customer related duties as assigned.
- Quality Systems & Adherence to Standards – supports activities ensuring customer satisfaction by administration of Quality Systems and adherence to BHQ production and maintenance standards. Aids Manager in working to establish a well trained, highly motivated and effective work force.
- Production Scheduling – participate in the development of an effective shift model to meet customer needs; provide input to batch planning, maintenance schedule, etc.
- Labor Management - Assist Manager in deployment of on-call resources and all cross-training activity
- Production Technology – understanding the operations of the equipment and their applications
- Supervisory Functions – Assist Manager in employee development, appraisals, cross training and flexibility. Ensure employees are following the Standards as established by BTS and PTT
- Interact with Customers to maintain effective working relationships
- Support daily management of Center Production Activities including Management/Implementation of Corporate and BTS Directives/initiatives, Administration and Adherence to Quality and Safety systems at Center Level
- Support activities for motivating, coaching, and developing employees
- Assist in controlling costs related to doing business relative to his/her production location
- Assists in developing and maintaining a team atmosphere
- Supports ethical leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering Degree; Experience substitutes
- 1-3 years of experience managing people
- 2-3 years of experience with managing production outcomes according to customer specifications; Previous Coating industry experience preferred
- Experience working through manufacturing/ Production environment to working the production cycles to deliver products on time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- and More..
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.