Area Service Manager - Northeast (MA, NY, and Canada)
Area Service Manager supports the service organization by performing specific duties for the coating centers assigned. This position has a solid line relationship to the Manager of Technical Services (Americas) for the functions outlined below. Area Service Manager is supported by the Production Technology Team as needed.
- Responsible for hiring, managing and developing center level service technicians
- Ensures that center level service technicians are thoroughly trained and adhere to the preventative maintenance plans that are put in place by the Manager of Technical Services
- Sets up and maintains the preventative maintenance schedule to best fit the needs of the production facilities within their area while strictly adhering to the Standards put in place by Oerlikon Balzers
- Empowers employees so they are able to conduct their business and daily tasks by themselves
- Acts as an escalation point and assists the center level service technicians in troubleshooting the production equipment
- Analyzes key performances indicators early on and initiates actions before targets are out of reach
- Creates an action plan for underperforming vessels within their area and communicates results to the Manager of Technical Services and center level service personnel
- Oversees work schedules ,work procedures and expedites workflow to ensure that facilities within their area are optimized at all times
- Infuses a sense of urgency in the center level service technicians when the equipment within their facility is not capable of running production
- Reviews spare parts requisitions for centers within their area to help minimize the cost of spare parts
- Optimizes processes continuously for the center level service technicians in order increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensures Centers are Audit ready at all times and complete the BTS Action Items in a timely manner
- Responsible for the completion of Technical Directives and communication of Technical Information within their area
- Assists the development of an internal inventory management process for production sites in the their area
- Assists in the installation of equipment and retrofits within their area
- Supports the Production Technology Department with projects within their area
- Communicates effectively with the Manager of Technical Services and the Director of Sales and Operations
- Additional service related projects
- 2 year degree (AA) and/or relevant industry certification in an electro-mechanical discipline.
- Equivalent experience may be substitute. 2+ years’ experience working with HVAC, vacuum technology, automotive, and/or industrial equipment repair
- Experience interpreting various mechanical and electrical schematics along with the ability to troubleshoot equipment using schematics
- Must be detailed-oriented with a strong work-ethic and a possess a sense of urgency to be successful
- Must be accessible 24 hours a day to respond to service emergencies which could lead to equipment failure/ downtime
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K).
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Balzers to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Balzers is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.
Sustainability is a living principle for Oerlikon.