Position: Area Head, HR Consulting & Operations, Midwest & Canada
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Do the terms “people officer” and “business partner” sound more like your particular flavor of HR expertise but you still enjoy rolling up your sleeves and keeping your tactical skills sharp? If this defines you then this critical role as an Area leader on our HR team is perfect for you! In this role you get to go beyond consulting and operations and truly partner with business leaders in order to help master people topics and processes.
Supported by highly skilled generalists, our Area Head of Human Resources will enjoy rewarding work in employee relations, performance management, recruiting/staffing, HRIS and management coaching. Supported by colleagues from the Americas Centers of Expertise you’ll also get to tackle exciting projects and implement critical corporate initiatives in support of integrations, continuous improvement and other innovations! Make Oerlikon more than just “the next job” on your resume, come join our expanding, people-focused high performing team of experts! We look forward to your application!
- You understand talent acquisition is more than just a coined term and a process. You know how to seek out and retain the best people and that you practice your craft.
- That Employee Relations is second nature to you and that you have coached your fair share of line managers, employees and HR professionals.
- That you don’t just manage your team, you take a radical interest in their growth and development into your future pipeline of successors!
- You believe modern HR practices sit on the foundation which is excellent data.
- That confidentiality is a given when it comes to what you can and can’t share.
- To you, the terms performance management and talent development are connected with business profitability, retention, employee growth, and employee compensation.
- You know that paying people correctly and on time is an HR fundamental.
- Your belief is that communicating key messages is done with more than just an email!
- Transformation is your super power! Implementing and driving organization changes through communication and strong working relationships is your idea of fun!
- You know Microsoft tools, Payroll and HRIS systems well enough to teach others!
- 20 - 30% travel would be perfect for you because you love to see the world!
- At least 10 years of Human Resources management experience supporting multiple site operations, experience with corporate functions and also 5 years in manufacturing.
- That you are passionate about education and you have a bachelor’s degree. A Master’s in business, HR or the equivalent is preferred but HR certification is also acceptable.
We provide more than just competitive pay and benefits packages, Oerlikon provides growth opportunity, training and development and work life balance. Oerlikon is, above all, a company dedicated to quality and built on a strong foundation of innovation, excellence, long-term commitments and entrepreneurial spirit.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion, and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after investments). *CA
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team! We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - please send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action: Oerlikon Metco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of Oerlikon Metco to provide for and promote equal employment opportunity in employment compensation and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, Vietnam Era Veteran status, genetic predisposition, or carrier status. Oerlikon Metco is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to services, programs and activities for individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of our company to provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed. Further, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation for religious observers.
The policy applies to all employment practices and actions. It includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, job application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions. If you require an accommodation during the application process or for issues concerning Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity please contact Human Resources.