Title: Area Head, HR Shared Services
Location: Schaumburg, IL
As HR Area Head, Shared Services you are a key leader within the Oerlikon US HR organization. You ensure high touch experiences for “moments that matter” with excellence in execution and passion for employee services as well as achieving HR performance and service delivery goals, working hand in hand with legal and purchasing.
Furthermore, you will deliver operational leadership and oversight for the HR transactional support function. Developing and maintaining the business processes and defining the roles and responsibilities associated with the processes you will drive the creation of a multi-disciplined SSC within the US region.
- Leading and guiding the HR Shared Services team to provide expertise delivery and support for HR administration, multi-state multi-entity payroll processing, HR policies and processes and systems
- Managing process execution and service delivery within the US
- Understanding and articulating the business processes, business drivers, the business issues and KPI
- Developing SLAs and key performance metrics to gain insight into performance and customer service
- Motivating the SSC team to achieve the stated objectives and services and encourage partnership among different functions and the SSC
- Policy and Procedure definition, review changes to current policies and procedures and ensures compliance
- Reviewing and agreeing on changes to current processes to deal with exception situations
- Own creation, documentation, and management of end to end employee lifecycle HR processes including new hire processing, on-boarding, integration and transitions. Ensuring that documentation is kept up to date and accurate.
- Monitoring and negotiating with service providers and senior management of service partners
- Developing creative methods and strategies of monitoring, stabilizing, or decreasing HR SS costs while enhancing the services for the organization
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years of hands-on experience in managing teams in one or more areas: HR operations, payroll, customer service or HR administration
- Previous HRIS management and HR Program and Project Management experience is preferred
- Exposure to cross-functional team leadership, disciplined project management and change management
- Knowledge of business processes with the ability to optimize business functions through focused improvement initiatives
- Enjoys working in a transitional environment
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills, able to monitor work for quality as well as organized and thorough way of working
- Proven problem-solving skills, including being able to identify issues and find suitable and creative solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to always provide great customer service to team members
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office software
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment and knowledge sharing
- An exciting challenge with a very high degree of freedom of choice and responsibility
- An international community with a family culture
- Attractive working conditions
As a technology leader in several key industries, we offer a highly collaborative, global environment. This opens the door to exciting personal development programs and long-term perspectives for our employees.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a rapidly changing world and have the required skills for the job and are passionate about HR then you are the candidate that we are seeking! The ideal candidate will bring energy and focus, as well as enthusiasm for HR and Oerlikon. You would complement a friendly, inclusive environment where your ideas are welcomed and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Oerlikon is a global technology group with a clear mission: to become the leading provider of surface solutions, advanced materials and materials processing.
Oerlikon (SIX: OERL) engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans.
Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions.
A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 10 500 employees at 175 locations in 37 countries. In 2018, Oerlikon generated CHF 2.6 billion in sales and invested around CHF 120 million in R&D.