Are you an experienced analyst with purchasing expertise looking for your next challenge? Do you thrive in a technology focused environment where you strike just the right balance between team player and customer support? We’re currently looking for an Analyst & Purchasing Specialist supporting the Spare Parts department of our Manmade Fiber facility in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The Analyst/Purchasing Specialist is a dynamic position responsible for all aspects of the organization’s analysis of Spare Parts and purchasing. This individual will work closely with OTI management to ensure the proper level of inventories are maintained and coordinate incoming and outgoing shipments. They will play a critical role in analyzing spare parts sales and usage by utilizing Add One and SAP data.
- Polished and professional communication will staff, vendors and leaders at all levels with both internal and external parties, including consultants, vendors, and employees.
- Maintain Add One (WMS) to optimize order frequency and quantities based on usage and future demand.
- Generation of reports – physical inventory, adjustments and transfers of inventory and shipping reports.
- Analyze high volume parts that have deteriorating sales, overall market potential and customer spend vs. potential.
- Monitor and update Add One based on analysis.
- Coordinate and execute all activities during the purchasing process, such as creating purchase orders, monitoring transportation, invoice creation, setting up new sales prices in SAP and follow-through.
- Identify what products are to be purchased, working closely with both internal and external customers to determine current and future purchasing needs.
- Identify the best supplier for the needs; compare prices, investigate quality issues and research delivery times for each supplier.Weigh these aspects to OTI’s needs to determine the best supplier.
- Upon delivery of purchased items, confirm all purchases and resolve any delivery failures.
- Assist in conducting regular cycle counts and investigate shrinkage issues.
- Identify improvements and savings potential for purchasing both indirect and direct materials and tracking in STEP systems.
- Back up for classifying HTS
- Proficient in MS Office with experience using a WMS
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM)
We provide more than just competitive pay and benefits packages, Oerlikon provides growth opportunity, training and professional development, flex scheduling, and work life balance. Oerlikon is, above all, a company dedicated to quality and built on a strong foundation of innovation, excellence, long-term commitments and entrepreneurial spirit.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that can increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries. The company invests significantly in R&D in and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Man-made Fibers in the Americas is a distributor of textile machinery/equipment, providing Products and services for the NAFTA region and parts of Latin America. We provide capital machinery, parts, and full service to textile customers worldwide upon request. The company has approximately $30 million dollars in annual turnover. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.