Position Summary: Alloy Screening Technician
Location: Plymouth, Michigan
The Alloy Screening Technician ensures safe and efficient blending, mixing, screening, and packaging of powder products on a day-to-day basis. Shall meet or exceed all HSE, quality, delivery, and productivity goals for the area of responsibility. Shall coordinate and process work orders on a timely basis. Alloy Screening Technicians shall actively investigate, communicate and resolve issues regarding safety, quality, maintenance, and planning to key managers. Alloy Screening Technicians shall maintain detailed production records. Alloy Screening Technicians shall help drive innovation and continual improvement activities to achieve world class processes and products.
- Comply with all HSE and Quality procedures and policies -- corporate and regulatory. Ensure Oerlikon Five Golden Rules of safety are followed at all times.
- Implement Oerlikon Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Team Spirit, Excellence, and Innovation.
- Lead and monitor the activities of leads and team members to accomplish HSE, quality, delivery and productivity goals on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Investigate and resolve problems affecting HSE, quality, and productivity when required.
- Maintain proper inventory of materials, supplies, and consumables.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance within scope of responsibility and skills.
- Maintain and process all production records in a timely manner.
- Continually improve procedures and equipment for safety, quality, lean behaviors, and productivity. Serve as a resource for leads and team members driving improvement activities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Education
- Proficient in Mathematics (Decimals, Fractions, Percentages, Weighted Averages)
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office
- Ability to work night or day shift