Location: Schaumburg, IL
The Accoutant will report directly to the Director of accounting and reporting, USA. This role will assist in the preparation of financial statements in a timely manner. He/She will be expected to implement the necessary internal controls for their area of responsibility and to complete maintenance and improvement projects as directed.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statement in a timely manner as well as supports as needed to prepare for monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings as well as internal and external audits
- Work with the Accounting team to complete special projects in a timely manner as directed
- Monitor, manage and recommend improvements to the current internal control procedures
- Support data collection processes and ensure financial data quality
- Record transactions and analyze assigned balance sheet accounts
- Compile & analyze monthly information to generate NA reports
- Manage Fixed Asset Accounting for Local and IFRS books
- Manage Leases and proper booking based on IFR16
- Complete data for Property Tax returns
- Prepare yearly tax documentation for reporting to USA Holding and liaise with the Tax team to record required tax entries
- Responsible for Sales Use Tax / GST and HST Reporting
- Estimate Income Tax payments (based on information provided by Tax team)
- Manage Compliance Tax Calendar
- Conduct physical counts for inventory
- Responsible for Quarterly Government Reporting
- Bank account reconciliations and report monthly cash balances as required
- Reporting to stakeholders ( i.e. Media consumption)
- Insurance information for policy renewals and Business interruption values
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- More than 5 years’ experience working as a part of the accounting team within in a mid- large global service or production company that is highly dispersed geographically
- Strong working knowledge in GAAP and IFRS, Intercompany and internal controls.
- Strong background working within Accounting and Financial systems: Navision, Weasy, Compass, SAP)
- Excellent Communication (Written and Verbal) skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects
- Advanced computer skills (including; Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Word)
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.