Database Administrator (m/f/d)
Digital Hub | Feldkirchen
Database Administrator (m/f/d)
The Oerlikon Digital Hub in Munich is the trailblazer and catalyst of digital transformation in Oerlikon. We design, advise and implement digital, innovative solutions for our company and customers. We are engineering the future, together with internal and external communities, by bringing new ways of thinking, next generation digital skills and strong ecosystem of partners and experts, to build the solutions of tomorrow. It’s the place to be for those who want to build the new digital world, within and around Oerlikon.
We offer a highly collaborative, global environment as a technology leader in several key industries. What makes things even more interesting is the combination of a startup dynamic in an established, stock market listed corporation. This opens the door to exciting personal development programs and long term perspectives for our employees.
The role of an Database Administrator within Oerlikon Digital Hub mainly focuses on delivering qualitative technical solutions within the various storage solutions. From day one, you will work closely together with a mixed team of talented and experienced, both internal and external colleagues, to fulfill the storage requirements needs.
If you are passionate about database design, database administration, handling terabytes of data, optimization and reusability, you are the one we are looking for to reinforce our development team!
- Implement and manage company data management practices and policies
- monitor database performance/data entry procedures and build new databases
- Improving the effectiveness of the database tools and services and the used technology
- Ensuring all the data complies with legal regulations
- Making sure the information is protected and backed-up
- Customer oriented, result driven & focused on delivering quality
- Team player with strong communication skills and a collaborative spirit
- 3 - 5 years of experience in administering, managing and tuning databases
- Experience in administrating SQL, noSQL and timeseries databases, in configuring replica sets
- Expertise in SQL
- Experience in managed AWS Databases and storage solutions, in programing languages for ETL, in working on Linux
- Good understanding of data and schema standards and concepts, database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Opportunity to design the faces of our products
- Independent and versatile tasks
- Varied work area with high personal responsibility
- Social and progressive employment conditions
- A startup environment, with the opportunity to build the next chapter of our company
Are you looking for a challenge, where you can let your creativity roll? Then we are a perfect match. You like working on projects and feel like a top talent who can flex its entrepreneurial muscles and conquer anybody’s screen – we should have definitely a chat. And for any further questions, feel free to get in touch with me.
Phone: +49 6142 6033 281
Oerlikon innovations are the foundation of industrial solutions to some of the 21st century’s greatest challenges: from saving lives to saving the planet. Yes, we’re that ambitious.
Now imagine the caliber of performance we’re pursuing with our digital transformation roadmap. To achieve maximum impact, we’re establishing a Digital Hub in Munich. And we’re recruiting exceptional people to join the founding team. Top talents who can flex their entrepreneurial muscles and conquer complex mathematical and analytical challenges. Professionals who thrive in a start-up environment but appreciate access to decision makers in an established organization. Supercharged performers with original ideas and a clear vision of the future.
As a member of our team, you’ll make your mark on rapidly evolving technologies such as materials science and additive manufacturing. On sectors as diverse as aviation, automotive, medicine, energy, and manufacturing. And on a visionary company that wants to integrate your vision into its future.