Components Oerlikon Balzers diamond-like-carbon (DLC) coatings for increased performance, reliability and compacter design
Drawing on more than 20 years of experience of coating engine parts for the racing industry Oerlikon Balzers offers high performance hard carbon-based coatings that reduce friction and wear, and increase power and reliability. Discover the latest technology development in motorsports. BALIQ® CARBOS and BALIQ® CARBOS STAR are our latest extremely hard DLC solutions designed to boost your engine’s performance and raise your results to new levels.
There are many good reasons to consider a partnership with Oerlikon Balzers and use hard coatings on your components:
- Greatly improved wear resistance increases component service life and durability and provides emergency running reserves.
- Reduced frictional losses increase power output and reduce the thermal load on engines.
- Use of lighter materials and more compact design reduce overall weight and costs.
- Original parts can be coated without any design change.
- Low coating temperatures avoid shape or dimensional changes and the need for finishing work.
- All coating processes are documented, all coating centres are certified.
- Short delivery times and competent local advice, thanks to more than 100 coating centres throughout the world.
For drive train applications BALINIT CAVIDUR provides advantages like:
For chassis applications BALINIT CAVIDUR provides advantages like:
For valve train applications BALINIT CAVIDUR provides advantages like:
BALIQ® CARBOS or BALIQ® CARBOS STAR on finger followers show superior wear resistance to hydrogenated DLC …
BALIQ® CARBOS on cam shafts for racing engines show improved performance when compared to conventional …
Piston pins of racing engines coated with BALIQ® CARBOS or BALIQ® CARBOS STAR show less wear and higher …