inShape Gentle de-coating of cemented carbide tools
Reconditioning of carbide tools.
With inShape, Oerlikon Balzers offers a service for reconditioning carbide tools over their entire life cycle without re-profiling. It enables the de-coating of complex carbide tools such as hobs, skiving and broaching tools coated with BALINIT® LATUMA, ALTENSA and PERTURA. Unlike conventional stripping, inShape preserves the original shape of the cutting tools with no detrimental impact on the surface.
- Complex tools like hobs, broaches or skiving tools keep their profile shape
- Allows reconditioning of BALINIT® ALTENSA, LATUMA and PERTURA coated tools
- Reducing tool costs over a tool life cycle by up to 25%
- No profile grinding required over whole tool life cycle to retain tolerances
- Smooth de-coating of cemented carbide tools without damaging the surface