Laser Powder Bed Fusion of Metals (PBF-LB), also known as Selective Laser Melting (SLM) is a powder based additive manufacturing process. It can manufacture complex metal prototypes or series parts rapidly and without any tooling.
Components manufactured by PBF can be heat treated, welded and reworked with typical processing methods.
Oerlikon AM supports an extensive portfolio of standard Additive Manufacturing (AM) component materials. Our dedicated Applications Engineering Team will support you in choosing and implementing the most appropriate AM materials and processes as you develop your AM components.
AM Metal Machines
|Laser Powder Bed Fusion of Metals (PBF-LB/M), also known as SLM|
|Concept Laser||1x Concept Laser
|5x Concept Laser
M2 Dual UP1
|EOS||1x EOS M270
|3x EOS M280
|11x EOS M290
|8x EOS M400
|Renishaw||1x RenAM 500Q
(4x 500 W)
TruPrint 3000 Dual
|Georg Fischer /
|3x DMP Factory 500
Standard Materials Available
For questions about standard and proposed materials please contact us.
- Al-based: AlSi9Cu3(EU), AlSi7Mg(EU), AlSi10Mg, AlMgSc (Scalmalloy), 6061 RAM 2(US), A205(US)
- Ni-based: Alloy 718 (2.4668), Alloy 625 (2.4856), Alloy X (2.4665), Alloy 230(US), Haynes 282, C22(EU)
- Co-based: CoCrMo (F75), Mar-M509
- Fe-based: 18 Ni Maraging Steel (1.2709), 316L (1.4404), 1.4859(EU), 1.4308(EU) (CF8), H11 (1.2343)(US), H13 (1.2344)(EU)
- Ti-based: Ti-6Al-4V
- Cu-based: CuNi2SiCr(EU), CuCr1Zr(EU), CuCp(EU)