BALINIT D BALINIT D is distinguished by its advantageous combination of wear, corrosion and oxidation resistance.The good sliding behaviour of the coating protects against cold welding and scuffing at deficient lubrication. Compared with hard chromium plating, BALINIT® D shows similar corrosion resistance but significantly higher hardness and better coating adhesion. BALINIT® D is foodstuff-neutral.
|Microhardness* (HV 0.05)||1,750|
|Friction coefficient* against steel (dry)||0.5|
|Max. service temperature (°C)||700|
* depends on application and test conditions
- machining of copper
- semi-cold forming of brass
- metal die casting
- plastic injection moulding (plastics that, during processing, outgas chlorine, fluorine or other aggressive volatile contents)
- mechanical engineering (housings, shafts)
- titanium components in motor sport and in the aviation industry
BALINIT® D is also available as low-temperature BALINIT® D ARCTIC coating (coating temperature of 200 °C).