Medical technology BALINIT in medical technologyCleanliness and lubricant-free operation are essential in medical instruments and equipment. However, this makes surgical instruments all the more subject to wear. BALINIT® hard coatings show their advantages here from many points of view. They prevent scuffing and ensure trouble-free operation, even when running dry. Examples include the pneumatic components of tools for the implantation and removal of intramedullary nails or surgical bone saws. At the same time they protect the components against corrosion during sterilisation.
On instruments for eye surgery, BALINIT® A (TiN) with its yellow-gold colour, serves as a distinguishing characteristic versus uncoated instruments. In addition, the aesthetically pleasing appearance of the coating is appreciated.
There are many good reasons for using BALINIT® coatings from Oerlikon Balzers:
- tested for bio-compatibility
- FDA (Food and Drug Administration) certified
- cutting edges remain sharp
- tool changing during an operation is avoided
- tissue and bone are better protected due to lower friction and less heat generation